St Michael's Preparatory School has a Nursery located in a purpose-built area next to the Reception Year, forming an Early Years Unit. The Nursery has its own secure garden and outdoor play area. The continuity between Nursery and Reception Years is believed to be important. In order to achieve this continuity we will normally only give places in the Nursery to those children who intend to further their education in the main school.
- Hours. Hours are by arrangement following discussion. Hours: 08.30 - 15.30. There is an optional lunch hour from 12.30 - 13.30 for children only attending the morning session.
- Curriculum. The Nursery aims to provide a broad and balanced curriculum in which individual need will be identified and promoted.
- The Nursery Department enjoys the use of other school facilities such as the swimming pool, gymnasium and studio. Whilst the Nursery is a safe and separate entity, the children have the opportunity to meet other staff and be involved in the life of the main school.
- Uniform. There is a casual uniform of polo shirt and tracksuit bottoms and sweatshirt (with school logo), which can be purchased from the school uniform shop.
- 5. Entry dates. Children will be admitted at the start of the Michaelmas, Lent and Trinity Terms, but not normally before their third birthday.